Monday, January 3, 2011

To my friend Danny

The whole idea is we would all work together to make a better system. You attacked entitlements. I dislike that word when we are talking about social security, medicare or medicaid. Do you consider your 401K as an entitlement? No because just like millions of Americans, you pay into it and believe that when the time comes it will be there for you. Look at the history of our country and what happened to people before social security. It would have been more humane to shoot our elderly citizens then to continue letting them live without some support. People work their whole lives, scrape together a little bit of savings and then had it wiped out by one illness, before medicaid-medicare. Oh, just shove them off into the corner somewhere to die, because my liberties are offended that I should have to pay a small amount of money to help them. I asked once and ask again. Why are you not offended by the 1% of the population that has more then the bottom 90%? Why are you not offended by the corporations that make hugh profits and yet pay nothing in taxes, because of tax breaks? You once mentioned that people were like sheep, being lead around by government, yet you blindly follow the spin by large corporations and the wealthiest people.

1 comment:

  1. In regards to letting the old people die I simply have a different idea and perspective on this. I believe this all resorts back the the "personal responsibility" mentioned previously.

    We institute Social Security out of "fear", and "political issues" after the great depression. I believe that this form of welfare has been destructive to the family structure that both of us wish was more intact. As well as almost all forms of welfare.

    There was a time when I as a son would consider myself responsible for my parents. (this idea that in the old'n days grandma was thrown in the street is just untrue)Parents took responsibility for the kids and kids took care of parents in old age. You can still see this culture in many Hispanic, Asian, and Middle Eastern households.

    What changed? Ill ask again. Did the evil companies kill the family structure? Was it all the rich people throwing grandma in the street?

    I dont think so... it was the promise of care by our government to take away fear from the people. Now we have an American culture were grandma and grandpa are useless and a burden after so long...(generally speaking, and in comparison to the family culture before social Security welfare).

    I understand if you disagree but I feel it is obvious that Federal involvement in the households ie; earnings, savings, health care, schooling, and even moral issues has taken responsibility off of the individual and placed it on the collective... and out of that you get expectations of a easy life.

    Let me keep what I earn, and give as I choose to give. I have the opportunity to succeed and fail.

    I believe that ill-investment, immoral acts, and destructive activities would go down, and charity, responsibility, and local involvement would increase if we were able to get the Federal Government out of our lives.

    ReplyDelete