Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Challange to Danny and all of my viewers.

Danny made one comment that I can totally agree with, we disagree. Instead of continuing to go back and forth on health care, I have a challenge. Let's govern. Let's find compromise and solutions. We are all very good at finding fault and disagreeing, let's see how good we are at solutions and agreeing. Health care is my first challenge to all of you. We cannot just say leave it alone and let the free market work it's will. We have been doing this for 40 years and it is getting worse. If we do nothing we will go bankrupt as a nation. We pay more then any other country and cover fewer people. We pay more and get less in return then other countries. The solution is not what we have, before the new health care program. We cannot allow people to die because we sit back and fail to have solutions. I will not go all the way to the right and you should not have to come all the way to the left. We have to be reasonable and compromise, not our principles, but the issue. Is this easy? No it will be very difficult, but this is what our Congress and President face each day. Let us make the politicians understand that governing is not campaigning. Party politics are secondary to the good of the people. We must have solutions that are for all people, not just the wealthy. Please everyone get involved. Be that one voice to make a difference. 

2 comments:

  1. ok, so im back!!! I will have to look at your previous posts and comment, but I will start with this. As far as health care...I'm allll for health care for all. Right now i'm O.K. with my health care plan. As of this past year, and the new bill being passed, my rates have gone up as usual, but I feel as though I'm getting more out of it. For example, when i renewed with Cigna...they were all about saying "I'm sorry for the rate increase, but we need to increase the rates due to the new health bill being passed." No joke, each rep that I spoke with told me this...it was as if it were a memo printed out and put in their cubical to say to each customer. So anyways, what I can agree on is that my "well care" is being taken care of. John being under one year's old needs immunizations just about every 2-3 months in his first year. As long as my son isn't sick, and I just go on those well care visits, it is of no cost to me. If I didn't have health care coverage, the cost would be easily in the 500 dollar range for each visit. If Wes or I were to go an annual exam, it is of no cost to me, and we can be safe knowing that I don't have to pay those small fees each time I get just a check-up to see how my health is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that positive and true... but lets not forget what we were touting during the legislation debates. Is health care cost to much, or a premiums too much? Im sure we would just say they are both too much. I'm glad you recognized that everyone's individual premiums have gone up... although it was supposed to make everything more affordable.

    Also remember that our state. The state of Florida has cost as well in regards to health care. The current bill forced more individuals into the Medicare system... (to get everyone covered). Now just take note that this is an increased cost to the State of Florida. A state already talking about lowering pensions of state employees like police officers, and halting pensions as well. And freezing wage increases.(But then we would start to yell about how the state needs to take care of its law enforcement officers, well maybe we can just take it out of the school system$$$ or maybe the judicial system$$$)

    My whole point is that this money is not free and must come from somewhere. There is a problem... but this road leads nowhere good.

    I was in a HR meeting for the Hilton and the HR manager told everyone that their benefits would be going up in cost by 10%. Everyone groaned and made a face and I almost couldn't contain myself... its like no one had a clue why.

    When you force "children" to the age of 26 to be paid for, and anyone with a pre-existing condition to be paid for, and more people into the medicare system... the COST WILL GO UP!

    I want all of these people covered to but please do not think that when "EVERYONE" is rolled into a system that cost will magically go down. And if they do it will be at the expense of our doctors and the general living standard of the nation.

    You being "all for health care for everyone" is emotional and very normal idea. But it is based on emotion, not logic.

    When the government pays for it they regulate it. How much, where when and for whom. do you seriously think they will do different with the health care system?

    ReplyDelete