Thursday, January 6, 2011

Continue response.

You state how each generation should take care of older generations. How would that be possible? The summer after I graduated from high school, I worked on the railroad. This was 1970 and I made $13.80 an hour. It was a union job. Think about this. Forty years ago I made better money then  people make today.  How in the world is a person who makes ten dollars an hour supposed to (and now really look at this list) pay rent or house payment ( I am sure you don't support public housing), pay for health insurance(they have to do this because we know you don't want to help), pay for life insurance ( they better buy this because we know you don't want to pay for them to live I am sure you don't want to pay for them if they die), pay to raise a child, (they better have this money because you don't want to pay for birth control or sterilization), put aside for their retirement (you are pretty clear with you views on social security), buy a car or pay for public transportation ( better buy the car you wouldn't want to be bothered with public money for transportation) and have a savings for nursing home care if needed ( no money from you for medicare-medicaid), utilities (although under your plan they can just live without power and use water from the nearest stream, like our forefathers) and food (remember no food stamps). This list is not all inclusive, there may be other items. To be continued.

1 comment:

  1. As with the health care issue... I am not arguing that cost are not high, nor that there is no problem. I will once again state the I believe the downfall is not that the people were left to themselves and ruined everything... that is impossible because it has never happened.

    I feel that Government involvement (mainly at the Federal level) is to perpetrator of most of our problems.

    I specify Federal Government because I still believe that state governments can cause problems... ie; Jim Crow laws after reconstruction. However, I believe that "The powers not delegated to the United States(Federal) by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States(Florida), are reserved to the States(Florida) respectively, or to the people(Danny and John)."

    The Tenth Amendment I believe was a wise amendment that allows me closer access to my government when a problems arises. When we give the Federal Government our schools, our savings, our health, our radio, our internet, and our choice. It is impossible to get back!

    ReplyDelete