Friday, December 10, 2010

Why Fight?

Here is why we fight. Everything we have ever achieved in our history has come at a cost and that means we had to fight. In order to get civil rights, unions, social security, medicare-medicaid, minimum wages and even proper work conditions we, the average people had to fight. We fight first with words, then with votes and finally with fists. Now is the time for our voices to be loud and clear. We need to use the phase made popular by Peter Finch in the movie, "Network". "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore." Our politicians need to understand the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution, is "We the People", not just the wealthy. I feel the time has come to stand as one and take our country from the greed, that has driven us to this point. It is time to lead the world again, that can only happen if we take ownership of our government.

1 comment:

  1. I guess what I meant to say is why do the dems and the reps fight? I understand how we the people fought to get what we wanted in the beginning, but right now in the senate its the democrats vs the republicans and nothing is getting done as a result.

    ReplyDelete