Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lambert For President Time To Get Serious For The Day!

The last couple of days I have been having some laughs as I poked fun at the politics in America. Today, I am going to be serious for this first post. I can't help but be angry as I listen to all of the political rhetoric coming out of Washington. The Republicans lead by Paul Ryan come out with a plan that will destroy Medicare, Medicaid, Education, Funding for the poor, Planned parenthood and just about every social program for the middle class and poor. I am sure that if he succeeds with part one the second attack will be to destroy Social Security. The reason that I am upset is that he or any other Republican will not discuss any thing that will increase revenue. The cuts they want is in the $60 billion dollar range and again will only hurt the average American. If we end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan we would save 13.5 billion or more. Now for the big one. By eliminating corporate tax breaks, (corporate welfare) we would cut $125 billion a year. That is a total of $138.5 billion dollars and we do not have to throw people out into the streets. They say we are costing the economy by not being able to give up our benefits, and yet they could save over twice the amount by making corporations give up their benefits.  Are our politicians working for us or the corporations. I know the answer. Corporations. We have to let our Representatives know they work for us. End the insanity and save the elderly and children from becoming victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment