Friday, May 6, 2011

Women the Root of All Evil!

A few weeks ago I was talking with a co-worker and was asked where we, humans, went wrong. Jokingly I said it all started with Eve in The Garden of Eden, when she gave Adam the forbidden fruit. We laughed and I said, "Women the root of all evil." I went on to say this would make a good blog, and was told, my life would be in danger if I did. Well, guess what, in honor of Mothers Day, here it is. Yes, Eve, according to the Bible took that fateful bite and did what women everywhere still do to men, tempt us. Men being the weaker sex cannot resist and hence we always find ourselves in trouble. Through out history the stories grow. Delilah and Sampson, Cleopatra and Marc Anthony, John and Pat Lambert. O.K. Maybe the third one is not as well known, but to me it is the most important. My wife, Pat is an extremely beautiful, intelligent, fun, wonderful woman and she has mesmerized me for almost 35 years. Now that I have your attention, I want to tell you about Pat. She has been, without question, the best part of my life. It may be overused , but she is my best friend. When anything happens, good or bad, she is the first person I want to talk to. We share laughs and on rare occasions anger, but always move on to the next episodes of our lives. She is the smartest person I know, partly because she agrees with me most of the time, and also because she disagrees with me some of the time. When she goes in an opposite direction, from me, usually there is something new for me to learn. As great a wife as she is, Pat is also the perfect role model for our two daughter, Jessica and Nicole. They have not always followed her lead, but when they do, they accomplish great things. Pat has always been nurturing and caring and loving for the girls. They have never worried about their Mom being there for them, because she is. Even today, as adults, they turn to their Mother for advise and friendship that goes far beyond the ordinary. As Pat and I have matured, nice way to say gotten older, we have adapted to the role of grandparents. She puts me to shame in this area at times. Place one of her grandchildren in her arms and forget it. You will not get them back. She holds them and gently kisses their heads over and over again, as if the first hundred kisses have not been enough. Have her walk into a room with our grandchildren and all you hear are delighted squeals of, "Grammy."  I know that according to the title, this blog went in a different direction then people expected, however I wanted people to know something about my fantastic wife. If I had started with, let me tell you something about Pat Lambert, how many would have read this. So on this Mothers Day I wanted the world to know, that the person I am today has more to do with the mother of my children then any other person in my life. I wanted to thank her for being a shinning example of womanhood, and a  role model for other women. To my Tish , I wanted her to know that she is, my love, my life my everything and I love you so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment