Friday, April 1, 2011

Lambert for President the Drive for America's Heart

Today I am announcing my intention to run for the office of  President of the United States. This is a grassroots campaign that will count on the pennies I can extract from the coffers of the few dozen people that will support me. I can't match Donal Trumps 600 million dollars that he said he will pour into his campaign, but I am willing to start things off with $6.00 of my own money. My slogan is simple, "A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage." I know this was used before but FDR found a great deal of success with this and maybe I can get a few more miles out of it. I want you to ask what you can do for your big business, that is struggling on a few billion dollars a year and it's CEO's that are squeaking by on several million dollars a year. We should have a fund set up to give them some relief from the mountain of taxes they are paying. If each person in this country would bypass a meal every week and donate it to your nearest bank, imagine how much profit they could make. This would enable them to hire more people at below living wages and provide more billionaire's with a new mansion. If we would all be willing to give up our medical care, we could realize the dream of cutting costs for health care in this country. We could turn back the average life expectancy to 45. This would eliminate the need for social security, since we would all be dead by the time we retire. I propose we eliminate education all together. The money we save could go to pay the salaries of our Congress.  We won't need education because the available, menial jobs would only be taking care of the wealthiest 1% of the country. Making a few sacrifices now would ensure the continued shift of the entire wealth of America into the hands of the only people that matter, the wealthy. Yeah I know, most of you are aware that today is April fools day and by now you realize I am only kidding. Somewhere I am sure a very rich person was getting extremely excited about my philosophy. Hate to break your heart, but I am going to fight to keep this from happening, because in my opinion the only fools, on this day, are the politicians who continue to ignore the American Voice.

2 comments:

  1. There was an old Michael McDonald song called "Matters of the heart". Its essential lyric stated that when it came to matters of the, there is nothing a fool won't get used to. Now this is a love song however, as fools who love this nation we get used to the same tyranny and stupidity that our politicians submit us to because we refuse to see the reality. We have been driving the same car for over ten years, we have worked for the multi billionaire corporate america companies that match us a so called 3% of a 401 k we withdraw before time just to make ends meet. We remain quiet for fear our voices will be silenced and while middle town America struggles with minimum wage, we pave the way for our congress to go golfing every friday morning, while we sit in our cars on our way to work for the American Dream: Working to pay the bills. Yes we are fools and until we elect the true spirited leaders who as a whole have a common ground to lift this nation from the ashes, we will continue vasting away our resources, education, military and medical benefits. I say to you Mr. future President; good luck striking the blow. We need people like you who can change our matters one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a political speech created for a run at office as well... I will post it below! I had to write this for a government class. I would vote for me :) You can tell by my "puns" that I was mocking the last presidential election.


    My campaign is going to be quite different. There will be a lot of change, and I'll be quite the maverick. The first order of business is to assert the meaning of my campaign. My campaign is not about me, or what I can do, or moreover what I can do for you. It's all about YOU!

    Being the maverick that I am you will notice that I am running under a “third party” ticket. This is because the two party system has failed YOU America. It may have held its place before but it is now a two party monopoly on YOUR freedom, money, and liberties. You may not know this but I have had to pay more, filled out more documents, and fought more than Dem's and Rep's to even get on your ballot. Non the less I will still be left out of the media, and most likely not invited to the “Democrat and Republican Sponsored Debates” that you see on TV. Electing a third party candidate... now thats change.

    Allow me to give you a few of my “beliefs”:

    I believe that YOU know best for your children and their education, not the Federal or even local governments. Thats why I support the institution of the voucher system. The government will write you the check for the cost of your child's education and you choose what school to enroll them in. The best schools get the business. This would create competition in education, drive down YOUR cost and increase YOUR roll and responsibilities in regards to YOUR child's education. I believe YOU can raise your child. I believe that YOU can create, teach, and even open schools that provide a service of education to the community. You could be part of that competition.

    I believe YOU know how to run YOUR business better than the Federal or local government. Limiting, if not eliminating unnecessary regulations and taxes on small businesses will allow for those with productive operations to expand and higher YOU. YOU should be running all projects currently being managed by the government. Privatizing projects would once again create competition, and drive down cost while improving the economy and creating jobs for YOU. Not creating a job for another bureaucrat. There has never been a business run by the government that turned a profit. We have had Amtrak for years and its still insolvent. The US postal system is not the most organized thing I have ever seen... “what do YOU think”. Any and every account the government has tried to manage they have run dry. This includes the US Treasury and the Social Security Trust. I will swiftly privatize any holdings and control of all profit seeking businesses to the open market. It is my job to protect YOUR rights, not to manage YOUR business.

    I believe that YOU know were to spend and save YOUR money better than the government. The government has taken YOUR income for over 85 years now and their in debt, trillions in debt. Then they took YOUR money for Social Security, so they could save for YOU. Well, that bank account is empty as well. I will fight to have all social security holdings placed in control in the individual from whom they are taken from. YOU choose were to invest that money, YOU chose the business, IRA, stock, or mutual fund. The biggest and boldest fight I will bring is for the abolition of the Federal Income Tax. I believe that YOU have the right to your earnings. YOU can spend it how YOU like, or save it how YOU like. Buy what car best suits YOU, the home that suits YOU, or take the vacation that best suits YOU. The responsibility of your savings is YOURS.

    I could go one for days but I just need to post this now... Its been a great class everyone!

    Danny Davis

    ReplyDelete