Monday, January 17, 2011

Townhall .com Part 1

I was reading an opinion page by Austin Hill at Townhall .com. a conservative web sight, about talk show hosts being paid less for there shows. Mr. Hill started with a sarcastic tone about the blame game for the Tucson shootings and then he proceeded to equate the, idea of toning down the rhetoric with pay envy. Let me get this clear, if you disagree with Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh it is only because they make more money then you do? That is quite a reach. I disagree and dislike Beck and Limbaugh because they are self serving, egotistical, blowhards. I have no problem with their income, unlike some corporations, because we don't need them or any other entertainer. We need insurance to avoid a financial meltdown. The one problem I have with their incomes is they have too many tax breaks, like all corporations and do not pay their fair share. Make what ever you want, but pay you share. One of the items I would like to see is a flat income tax. Whether it is 20% or what number needed, make it that rate and no deductions. That's right, no deductions. Let the screaming begin. Our corporate rate is 39%, high yes, but most if not all corporations pay much less because of credits and deductions. I receive a deduction for interest on my mortgage. Make it a flat rate and get rid of the mortgage break. Let's just make it fair.

1 comment:

  1. My My John... the Flat/Fair tax is a very Libertarian idea for you to support. I have two books on the subject. I will lend them if you wish. Simply go to DannyDizzleLibrary.com and apply for a library card. haha :)

    The books I have on the subject were written by Neal Boortz (Libertarian Radio Host and Author) and Congressman John Linder.

    Seriously I think this is a tremendous Idea and it has been on my list to research for about 8 months now. Im getting to it.

    ReplyDelete