Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Conservatives Part Three

As I continue my breakdown of conservatives and the far right, let's take a look at how they handle a difference of opinion. In many ways they revert to being bullies. You only have to look at conservative darling, Chris Christie, governor of New Jersey. Examples of how he handles people that think differently then him follow. Last year a resident of Jersey called into a show where people were able to ask this thug (governor) questions. She wanted to know why Christie is sending his children to a private school. I happen to feel that wealthy and privileged children should be able to go to any school their parents can afford to send them. However instead of Christie just saying he can send his children where he wants to and would support anyone doing the same, he blurts out, it is none of your business. On Saturday a reporter asked a question which was not in line with the direction that Governor Bully wanted to go. He ends up calling the reporter, stupid and an idiot. Again I understand that politicians are asked questions that they are uncomfortable with, or that are off the particular subject they are talking about at that time, but did Christie have to resort to the bullying tactic of name calling? What a role model he is to our young people. Instead of using intellect to direct the conversation back to the direction he wanted, he demonstrated to people that the method to handling conflict is to be a jerk.

Chritie is not unique in this tactic on the conservative side. This past week when I confronted two, members of the same family, conservatives about issues and untrue statements regarding the President, one of them tried the same bullying style with me. All I had stated was, that is was clear the two family members were in lockstep with their opinions. His response was that he would not sit back and allow me to lash out at his family. He then stated that I had released the "beast" and that I should not screw with him. He also told me he would not sit back and allow, "Liberals like me to destroy his country." See they think it is only their country. If you do not agree and follow them, then you are UN-AMERICAN.   Naturally I was terrified! NOT! I explained to him that I was not intimidated by him at all. Actually, I thought it was quite amusing and I passed this on to him. Again this is the way the conservatives like to debate. Shout down the opposition. Do not allow the debate to actually use facts. Try and intimidate or belittle the opposition. Make them feel UN-American and not allowed to have a voice. I have a news flash for them. I will not be silent! I will not go quietly into the night. I will confront their lies and continue to speak out for the truth. We all must speak out, to all politicians and make them accountable to all of us. The majority is what rules. We have a Democratic President and Senate. they have the House. We must get back to governing and doing what is in the best interest of all Americans, not just for the Republicans or the politicians, or the wealthy, or the corporations, but ALL Americans. Speak up now, don't let them keep you silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment