Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Teens Beat Homeless Man, What Is Our Society Becoming?

Have your seen the video of two teens beating a homeless man in New Jersey?

It is very disturbing and not something that people want to see, but I believe that we should view people at their worse, so we can address how to make them better. My first response is that I would like an opportunity to place these two jerks in a hopeless situation and beat the hell out of them. Of course what would the end result be? The cycle would be completed and the lesson is whoever has the advantage wins. It would not make them understand the concept of fairness and caring for people that are less fortunate then they are.

So what is the solution? I read some of the comments and they were very reflective of my initial response. One of my ideas would be to start taking young people off the streets and giving them direction. Start with firm discipline and temper it with firm love. Give them goals. One of the ways would be to take these people and place them in service to others. Let them share in the hopeless frame of minds that so many people in our world face day to day. We could use our military and bring back programs, such as Peace Corps, to work here in America and countries around the world. Give them a view of the world from the opposite direction. To serve others instead of destroying.

Americans have always been a compassionate and caring society. When disasters occur around the world we open our hearts and checkbooks to help. We need to get back to the idea that service to others is the greatest reward we can have on earth. We have become greedy, cold, and callous in many ways and only by starting to care more about the people around you, can you return to caring and helping. We have political leaders, corporate leaders, religious leaders, social leaders and the elite wealthy, for the most part that have placed the good of themselves over the good of all people. They have taught us that lining your own pockets is better then serving the needs of others. I want the return of compassion for my fellow man. I am not advocating giving, I am promoting helping. Teaching. Learning. Mostly I am leading the cause of caring. Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. I select the latter.

1 comment:

  1. Me personally , I would shoot the shit out of there ass till my bullets run out . And thats on my dead gradma

    ReplyDelete