Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Even Tho I Write This Blog, You Cannot Hold Me Responsible!

While you read this post and any of the others that I have written, Please remember that I am not responsible for the content. I am watching the current fiasco with Rupert Murdoch and News Corps. He is taking the route that Florida's felon Governor, Rick Scott took in his defense, when Hospital Corporation of America was fined, the largest amount in American history, for Medicaid fraud. They did not know. They were the head of large corporations. They know facts and figures and have them at their fingertips. They knew their profits and margins, so their businesses could run efficiently. They knew every detail about their respective corporations, and yet when the crap hit the fan, they hid, like the cowards they are, and claimed they knew nothing about the crimes. These so called leaders have stood by and allowed the people that worked for them to be thrown under the bus. Years ago, when I was placed in my first leadership position, I was taught that you made a decision and right or wrong you stood by those decisions. If the choices you made were wrong, you then stood up and accepted the repercussions of that choice. You do not sit and watch the people that worked for you accept the blame. True leadership is about integrity, honesty, decision making, giving direction, sharing a vision and then directing people how to accomplish that vision. Today's business and political leaders are about one thing, profits. Get there fast and I don't care how you get there. If you get caught doing something to increase the profits and there is a problem, I will then cut you loose to save my own skin. Mr. Murdoch and Mr. Scott are definitely, two men, I would never want to share a foxhole with. As the enemy advances, they would not only flee, they would point out your position, so the advancing forces would take you down to  further increase their chance of survival. My advice to both of you is this. Be a man. Step up and accept the penalties for your decisions. You have always been first in line with huge bonuses and pay increases, so do the honorable thing. Take the heat that you and your companies deserve. I for one do not believe either person will do so. That is why I call them cowards. The remark I made at the beginning of this post is just a way to point out how leaders of today try to avoid responsibility. I for one will always stand by anything I state in my blogs. If there is something  wrong, and someone points out the error I will accept the blame and move on. That is how we are all supposed to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment