Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Congressman Weiner should resign!

My first reaction when Rep. Weiner had his news conference yesterday was, no way should he leave office. Thinking about this last night and today I have changed my opinion. Let me say, I really like and respect Mr. Weiner. He was a strong voice for all of the same issues I support. He was there during the health care debate. His voice has been quite loud during the discussion on Social Security. He is vocal about the need for quality education for all of our children. Rep. Weiner was a leader on every social issue that is important for the average American. So with all of this said, why would I say Mr. Weiner should resign? Quite simply, he lied to the people he was elected to represent. He is not the first, and I would bet my life that he is not the last, but I feel the time has come for our representatives to step up to a high moral standard, of being able to tell the truth. How are we supposed to believe people once they start down that path of untruths? His deed really is a violation of the trust between him and his wife, however once he started to hide the facts it became a violation between him and his constituents. That has to become unacceptable. Politicians lie and tell half truths about everything. That is how they get elected. The time has come for us to demand the full truth from our leaders and make them accountable. The more we let them go down this route, we will continue to have this type of behavior. I will repeat this I like and respect Mr. Weiner. The Progressives will lose a valuable voice, but the voices we need to hear going forward, has to start with the truth. We have to make ourselves and the people who lead us, responsible. Do the right thing Representative Weiner. Start to make our system clean again.

No comments:

Post a Comment