Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Oppressive Goverments Part 2

That sentence drips with morality. Those men really had a vision that, by certain accounts today, are considered unrealistic. I think those words are as relevant today as they were in the beginning of our nation. They are saying that WE the people have the moral issue of making, all people to be held as equal in, not just the eyes of the law, but actually created equal in all aspects. Pursuit of Happiness, this is telling us we should be able to work to be happy. Moral issue? How do you legalize and determine happiness? The only way we can be equal and have the right to be happy, is by having a level playing field in life. If we start out with little or no chance but to stay in the same station in life, we have had this basic, fundamental fact taken away from us. I understand that I am quoting the Declaration of Independence and not the Constitution, but the same people who wrote and believed one, believes in the other. This is the basis for our breaking away from England and pursuing our own destiny. Tomorrow I will address the issue, that you want me to confront. The direction and possibility of confrontations with our own government. I am weighing the response very carefully and you may be surprised at my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Im a little confused. I understand that you equate the "taking care" of the people as a moral issue... and that ... I guess our government is supposed to be a moral entity enacting these practices. But is this your answer to why you would not be disappointed? (it just seemed like that in your sentence structure?)

    ReplyDelete