Monday, January 31, 2011

Response to MBK International (The Troops) Part 2

A lot of our enlisted soldiers have college also. I am aware that the a disproportionately high number of our troops are from areas with higher poverty rates. I wish this were not true, but it is. The idea that they are fighting for the "rich, fat cats" , does not escape me either. This however is the separation from the troops and our leaders. I do not agree with these wars and some of the other wars the United States has entered into. You ask what does supporting our troops mean. It means that we pray for them, which you stated. We give them the best equipment to fulfil their missions and to hopefully protect them. It means we do our part at home to influence our leaders to end these senseless wars and try to keep them from getting us into another one. It means we give them the best medical and psychological treatments that we can and for life if necessary. It means that we ensure that their families, that are left behind while they are on assignments, are given good housing, medical and pay to keep them going. In short anything and everything that they need for them and their families. There are other areas I disagree with you on, but I would like to end now with this. Today at Sea World a man came in with his family, I asked for ID. When he showed me his military ID, I thanked him for his service. His response to me was. "It is may honor and privilege to serve." That is why I call them the, "best and brightest" because they are. Period. Remember that each time you think of your blanket of safety and freedom, they provide. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess you have challenged me to think about the term "supporting our troops" in a new light. I have thought about it in the limited sense of supporting their "Decision" to enlist and choose in a time of war (unnecassary war) to join in on the madness. All of the "ways" of showing support you listed above I agree with. Remember I did say I have family and friends serving right now and would want them to be safe at all costs and get the attention and treatment they need and deserve when they return. I just have such an anger about WHO they REALLY are serving and WHAT they are REALLY fighting over that I guess that emotion may get in the way of my other emotions(lova and compassion) when thinking about this subject. I guess in short you have swayed me to support, partially at least our troops..... with the HOPE of education and personal accountability rising for youngsters who are thinking about joining the insanity without truly investigating.

    ReplyDelete