Thursday, January 24, 2019

Do Something for Yourself!

   A couple of days ago, I challenged you, "To love and to be loved," now I want you to do two things, every day for yourself. Remember that you are not at your best and are not able to help others, if you do not take care of yourself. It is not being selfish, it is how you can give to others.
   The first challenge is to meditate, at least once a day. Meditation is simple and can be accomplished in minutes. Jump on the Internet and you will immediately find meditation guidance. Try different leaders and types. Look under Chakras, also, for variety. I found both Chakras and Meditation on my Amazon Prime, but there are many sources to experiment with. Mix it up!
   Meditation is soothing, relaxing, and invigorating all at the same time. When I do mine I awaken to a whole new attitude and am completely refreshed, ready to take on the remainder of the day. Try it and let us know how you feel and successes.
   The second challenge is to learn something new each day. Some people think learning is only accomplished in the framework of a formal school setting. Wrong! I have learned something every day, as far back as I can remember. It is accomplished through reading most of the time. I love to read, whether it is my newspaper each morning, or a magazine, such as National Geographic, Sports Illustrated, Eating Well, or my most recent book. I also learn from television. Watching news, history, movies and sports. Some of you may be wondering how with sports magazines or cooking magazines? Simple. These are my interests, also, and when I read them I learn something, I didn't know before. I feel, if a day passes by and in someway new information has not been added I have failed. My family, teases me about some of the information I come up with, but they also call me when they have questions.
   Begin this process, today. Don't push it off, thinking I'll start it tomorrow or next week. Start now. It takes minutes, but the habit and results will last a life time. Do it during the course of your routine. Learn that new fact! Mediate and rejuvenate your mind! There are no reasons, not to! Let me know how you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment