Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Grandson, Jayden Lifts Me Up.

The people who know me personally are aware that Jayden is my eight year old grandson. He has lived with us most of his life, starting at six months old. There are times that he stretches our patience, but ninety nine percent of the time he adds so much joy, life and love to our days. When I was recovering from surgery, he brought home a folder of his work done at school. I was going through the papers and found one that has since become a permanent display on my bedroom dresser. Here is the essay.

Heros are people that help you and save you. Heros are always there for you too. I have a hero. Do you have a hero like mine?

My hero is my grandfather. He is a hero because he looks out for me. He helps me with my homework and with a problem. He is always nice to me. He is the best hero and grandfather ever.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my hero.

Jayden Leavell
9/13/12

I know he misspelled the word heroes, but believe me I still loved the story. In a few years, when he becomes a teenager, I will pull this story out and remind him that I am his hero and he should never talk back to heroes.

I wrote about this for two reasons. One I am proud and touched that Jayden would write about me this way. We are best buddies and have been since he could talk and understand the words. The second is to reflect the change in America's Voice. This is an example of the stories I want to hear from my readers. In this case it is about how I was recovering from surgery and one part of the antidote is the love from my grandson. It illustrates how even an eight year old boy can lift the spirit of a sixty year old man. Look around yourself and see the love and spirit that surrounds you. It is there, all you need to do is pull back the veil of sadness and let it be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment