Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Reply To Doug.

I am not surprised by your response. Truthfully I could have predicted it. You want to ignore one glaring fact. There is almost NO voter fraud, but a great deal of voter suppression. I want my vote protected as much as you do and we could certainly look to put in place procedures to ensure voters rights without disenfranchising groups or individual voters. My return question is why now. Why were we not doing this ten, twenty or even one hundred years ago? There is less fraud now then ever and yet it has become such a rush to institute these laws. I would be willing to bet, that if new voter suppression laws were being enacted that affected white, middle to upper middle income men, you would be screaming your head off. Remember Doug we have a responsibility as Americans to ensure every ones rights. I would even fight and have fought for you to speak and vote and carry a weapon, even though I disagree with you. That is what makes America different. That is what makes America great. Protecting every ones rights, not just your own.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I highly disagree with you on many points, one area we are in strong agreement is that I, too, would defend to what ever length needed your right to your voice, vote and to express your opinion. I also agree that checking for voter fraud should have been something that was a regular part of the voting process. If the voting process ceases to be true and proper than the voting system dissolves. I must disagree with the idea that there has been no fraud lately. It is a black mark on the registration process when any registration format comes into question. Aspects of ACORN has been both investigated and prosecuted by the FBI. I believe that there are some very good people as aspect of ACORN. But it has been made clear that at least one significant format of voter registration has been infiltrated with corruption. One seed of corruption is one too many. There must be ways to insure the sanctity of the voter process while not negatively affecting proper and legal voters. I also agree that Congress has wasted far too much time and energy on silliness. It has not been simply under the present administration that Congress has majored on the minors. Unfortunately it has been a long time since our elected officials have actually earned their paycheck.

    ReplyDelete