Monday, February 6, 2012

To All Of My Conservative Friends, Including Brandon, Doug, Darlene and Danny.

A little over a year ago I started America's Voice and have met with an increasing number of readers. Most people read it, but then do not comment. When I get comments I will answer them in a posting and then we can debate. Over the year two friends, Marines, who is more liberal leaning and Danny, who is a Libertarian and Ron Paul supporter, have joined me many times with comments. I occasionally have sprinkled among them some other comments, mostly from anonymous sources. I have my blog set up so anyone can comment and they do not have to leave a name. I encourage people to let me know who they are, but I do not want to silence any voice. I also write a sports blog, "Old School Sports" and a humor blog, "Father Thinks He Knows Best, " and allow the same freedom for people to comment. The reason I bring this up, is over the last year I have been engaged with people on face book and we had some very lengthy discussion, mostly involving politics. I enjoy this, but I am also not being a very good businessman, by following this path. I write my blogs for the fun of it, but I also would like to increase my readership to the point that it would supplement our income, instead of me going out to work and have to follow a schedule. On my blog are ads. They will become more controlled by me and more diversified in the near future. The way I make income from blogs is by total readership and by anyone going to any of the advertisers. I make additional money if someone buys while they are looking. Back to my change. When I engage in long discussions directly on face book I make nothing and if that conversation was on one of my blogs, I will increase the amount of money I make. It costs you, my readers nothing, unless there is a product you buy and then you only pay for the merchandise, not for my blog. This is the way they work. This is not a pitch for you to buy anything, but to inform you that in the future I will post my responses to my blogs and then post it to face book. This is business and my business is writing.

To my conservative friends, and yes I do consider you friends, even though in some cases I only know you through face book, I invite you to join us in this venue. It is not some liberal machine that is trying to trap you, if anything I tend to be more middle of the road on the blog, which is really where I aim to be. I do not tolerate vulgar, profanities and can delete comments that I feel is offensive. Just because you disagree with me, that does not offend me. I tend to argue facts, but I am also human and politics is emotional to me and everyone that I know.

My goal is to create an open and honest environment where people, with different views can come and have serious discussions. Come armed with facts, opinions, but most importantly solutions. We get too caught up in the emotional part, I know I sometimes do, and when this happens call me on it. Let me know that I am taking it too personal in your opinion. This can lead to a better discourse about the issues that face America today. I will answer you and issues that are brought up on face book, but now I will go into my blog and post the responses. Please join me. This is really what America is about. Someone starting a business. People wanting to join them because they like the concept. Lastly and most importantly finding and sharing solutions to the myriad of problems that face us today. I will in the near future start to share my blog posts to other national blogs, such as Morning Joe or Rachel Madow and even the Conservative Girl blog. Join me and together we will share points of views and ideas. Thanks. 

2 comments:

  1. Well then here's to the American Way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well stated and as I have done in the past, I will continue in the near future to stand by your side and spread the word. I greatly enjoy your blogs and have found nothing but a liberating sense of truth, straight to the chase and realistic picture of what we so often live through and not speak of with frequency. As you well know you have a friend here and a respectful follower.

    ReplyDelete