Friday, November 11, 2011

Take The Time To Remember Our Veterans and Say, "Thanks!"

This is not a day to talk about our political differences. It is a day to remember the brave men and women that have served our country. It is a time to say thank you to each one of them for their sacrifices and to remember the veterans that are no longer with us, who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Through out the history of America the call has been answered. They were there at Bunker Hill facing the superior forces of the British. They answered the call to save the Union and keep America together during the Civil War. They left their families to travel across the ocean, as the Dough Boys in World War I. They went again to Europe and also to Asia to stop the Nazi and Japanese when they tried to dominate the world in the second great war. Just when they thought they could settle back into a normal life, the call went out to help in Korea. We then got stuck in the quagmire of Vietnam, where our men and women were treated as the enemy, when they returned home. They continued to hold their head high through smaller theatres of operations, Lastly they were once again sent to far away lands, Iraq and Afghanistan, where they remain today, doing their duty.

Each generation has had to take of the mantle of duty and the American fighting men and women have always preformed with the highest level of professionalism and dedication. We must all help them now. First take the time to say. "thank you" to every veteran. Then we must say a prayer for each past member and the current soldiers stationed around the world. Next we must all push our politicians to get our people out of harms way and to find different avenues to protect them in the future and be sure when we send American troops into battle they are prepared and the reason we go is in the best interest of America. Lastly we must again push our leaders to make sure that we honor our commitments to our veterans and when they return home we have jobs and educational opportunities awaiting each and every one of them. We must always remember those that served and NEVER FORGET their sacrifices for each one of us. God bless the wonderful men and women of our armed forces.   

1 comment:

  1. Hey John, (Its been awhile)

    I believe with more conviction than ever that the proper thing to say to our troops and veterans is not "thank you" but "I'm sorry".

    Each one of us should look at the veterans after WWII and say...

    Im sorry I did not protect you from our government. Im sorry I elected year after year people whom would send you into harms way without going through the proper process set out in our constitution. Im sorry I lived such a ignorant and uneducated life that I allowed my government to fear me into accepting slogans and mantras of War. Im sorry that I went on for ten years while you were shot at, killed and were made to kill, never really thinking of you because there was no real threat of invasion or harm to the sovereignty of our United States. Im sorry I cheered you on in ignorance as you kicked down the doors of citizens in foreign countries, and tortured individuals "accused" of terrorism. Im sorry I lived in so much fear that I allowed for the assassination of American civilians "accused" of terrorism. I sorry I allow our government to go to War against something that will never go away... terror/fear. I'm sorry for not recognizing that there will always be something to fear or someone to hate, and then refusing to live with that as reality. Im sorry I allow my government to make decisions on your safety based on the election cycle and or what is polling positively at the time. I sorry that I vote for someone whom is presented as the peace candidate and only increases the serge and increase drone attacks... and I pay no attention.

    It does not matter if we War with ASIA or EURASIA so long as the War is constant.

    ReplyDelete