Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Some advice for Sarah Palin and all Politicians

Sarah Palin is the poster child for politicians,  instead of trying to do the best for people, they are trying to always look good in people's eyes. Ms. Palin sent out a text and misspelled the word, repudiate. She spelled it refudiate. Now I have the same ability to misspell a word as the next person. I try to use spell check to keep the errors to a minimum, and I try to make sure that the word I use is placed correctly. Ms Palin and the majority of politicians fall down, when they try to cover up the error. All this does is compound the first mistake. Sarah, do yourself a favor and just admit that you are trying to impress people by using big words and stick to the simple ones. (the, and, as etc.) Repudiate means to reject with disapproval. Sarah I repudiate your theory of, first, you hit the wrong key. Then, I repudiate the notion that you are taking William Shakespeare's license to change the English language, because it is a living thing. Please don't cause poor William to roll over in his grave, with you, comparing yourself to him. Do us all a favor and admit, you made a mistake. People do this. Then they go one step further and admit they were wrong.

2 comments:

  1. So let me get this straight, of all the things to complain and blog about in this world, you want to nitpick about Sarah Palin misspelling a word? Also, why is it so unbelievable that she hit the wrong key when she was typing. I know I do it all the time, and I am sure you do to. Next time you want to complain about something why don't you try a subject that people actually give a damn about. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the good old "Sarah Palin" subject instantly leads us down a road of immature thought and rebutel.

    The second you start in on her you are starting in on a person "dromitised" in WAY TO MANY SNL skits, and she has a unique personality not normally upheld in the political scene.

    If I were to make any points it would be that we are not allowing for reality when it come to Mrs Palin.
    -Reality allows for misspelled words, even by intellagent people.
    -Reality is that an ignorant and uneducated person would not and could not become the governor of a state like Alaska...(insert joke here)So we cant just throw out words like unqualified, or incapable of being anything more. Im sure if you remove "influence" from the subject you would admit that she is positively successful and actually has potential to be much more.

    I must note before my next few comments that I DO NOT want Mrs Palin to become the next Republican nomenee for president (for resons to be discussed in a different thred)

    1. You must ask yourself (politicalcenter) why is there a disposition to dislike Mrs Palin? You did not mention one POLICY that she may have that you disagree with and why. Just disapproval about her conduct in the lime light. However, I agree with the frustration of her not fessing up... we should be asking ourselves why people in her position feel that they MUST protect themselves this way. We both know she is not the first political rejects to say something stupid and try to stick to her guns. And this is also not just a Republican problem.

    2. I cant help but point out once again your contempt for the concept of her dollar success $$$. Dose that really make you mad? Is she intentionally harming the general public? If she wants to have a reality show or write a book, good for her. (I know you are aware of President Obamas books, Dreams of my Father, and The Audacity of Hope). I hope he made a million or two "audacious" dollars.(I purchased and read one) He had an opportunity as a Senator and as a black man with a unique upbringing and he has capitalized on it. I just dont understand the frustration with those whom are successful. I disagree with someone like... Keith Olbermann all the time... but I still think he was freaking hilarious on Sports Center... If he writes a book I hope he makes a million.

    Ps- Did you guys know I can see Cuba from my house?

    ReplyDelete